Preparation for Ministry
This programme does 'what it says'. While being academically rigorous it offers vocational training for those preparing for different types of Christian ministry.
In each of three years or levels of study, students are required to accumulate 120 credits. Each module is rated as either 10 or 20 credits and completion of the degree requires a total of 360 credits.
- BD students must study the biblical languages
- The choice of modules is made in consultation with the Advisor of Studies
- Three integrated streams of study: Biblical Studies, Christian Thought & Ministry Studies
- These strands are related to each other and to life in the ministry
- Emphasis on practical training - placements are integral to the programme
- Pastoral Studies - specialist preparation for pastoral ministry
- Missionary Studies - specialist preparation for cross-cultural ministry
- Continuous assessment - extended essays, keeping a journal, group work and presentations - no examinations!
- Meets the highest standards for Christian training
- Validated as a university degree – BTh or BD. The Certificate or Diploma of Higher Education in Theology can be earned after one year (120 credits) or two years (240 credits) of study.
- An Irish Baptist College Diploma or Certificate is also earned alongside the degree studies.
- Mature entry possible
- Credits can be built up over time