Preparation for Ministry
This programme is academically rigorous while offering vocational training for those preparing for different types of Christian ministry.
In each of three years or levels of study, students are required to accumulate 120 credits. Each module is rated as either 10 or 20 credits and completion of the degree requires a total of 360 credits.
- BD students must study the biblical languages
- The choice of modules is made in consultation with the Advisor of Studies
- Three integrated streams of study: Biblical Studies, Christian Thought, and Ministry Studies
- These strands are related to each other and to life in ministry
- Emphasis on practical training – placements are integral to the programme
- Pastoral Studies – specialist preparation for pastoral ministry
- Missionary Studies – specialist preparation for cross-cultural ministry
- Continuous assessment – extended essays, journals, group work, and presentations
- Meets the highest standards for Christian training
- Bachelor of Theology or Bachelor of Divinity. The Certificate or Diploma of Higher Education in Theology can be earned after one year (120 credits) or two years (240 credits) of study - validated by Spurgeon's College, London
- An Irish Baptist College Diploma or Certificate is also earned alongside the degree studies
- Mature entry possible
- Credits can be built up over time
Modules are chosen from the following:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
- Up to 21 years of age – At least two A Levels C grade or higher (or equivalent). Overseas applicants may only study the course full-time and must have achieved IELTS 6.5 or equivalent if English is not their first language.
- 21 years and over with previous qualifications or experience deemed equivalent to the academic entrance qualifications.
- Church, personal and work references demonstrating suitability for the course of study.
- A conviction of God’s call on your life.
- An indication of ability to meet the fees.
- Applications are welcome from:
- Baptists and non-Baptists alike.
- non-ministry students who wish to study theology with a view to intellectual and spiritual development.
- If you are an international or European student you will require a visa to study at the College. Please make contact with us to talk through the options available to you.